Business & Finance Savant.
Olin Lewin manages the firm’s Corporate and Business Department. Mr. Lewin has extensive experience in representing businesses, business owners, professionals and individuals regarding their corporate, compliance, employment, tax, real estate and other contractual matters. Mr. Lewin also represents business owners in succession and transition planning, including mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Lewin earned his B.A. in History from Wesleyan University and his J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Mr. Lewin is a member of the State Bar of California and an active member of the San Diego County Bar Association.
Mr. Lewin’s legal experience includes:
- Planning, structuring and preparing formation and operative documents for corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, including equity and debt financing structures.
- Providing counsel to existing and emerging companies regarding governance, operational matters, planning and tax issues.
- Preparing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, consulting agreements, leases, employment and independent contractor agreements, buy-sell agreements, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, proprietary rights agreements and other business contracts.
- Representation of clients in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions involving stock, partnership interests, and business assets.
- Advising clients on various real estate matters including sales and acquisitions of real property, development and construction, and commercial leasing.
- Advising clients regarding the local, state, federal and international tax consequences of corporate, business and real estate transactions.
- Representing clients in various financing transactions including: promissory notes, loan documents, deeds of trust, assignments of rent, pledge agreements, security agreements, and guaranties
- Assisting clients in tax controversy matters involving the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board and Board of Equalization.
- Structuring and implementing tax-free reorganizations and spin-offs
- Advising clients regarding the formation and operation of nonprofit organizations, including public charities and private foundations.